Download the full insurance policy wording
Although it is not compulsory, we do strongly suggest that our passengers hold some form of travel insurance when they join one of our tours. You do not have to purchase travel insurance through GB Tours but if you do not have your own cover already in place and do want some insurance for your tour, we can provide Coach Plus
– an insurance policy designed to help provide holidaymakers with protection when booking a UK or European Coach Holiday, which does not have premium loadings for age. Coach Plus
travel insurance is arranged for GB Tours by travel insurance specialist PJ Hayman & Company Limited who are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FS register number 497103).
Demands & Needs Statement
This travel insurance policy will suit the Demands and Needs of an individual, or group (where applicable) who do not have any pre-existing medical conditions (see Coach Plus policy wording, Important Medical Conditions for details), are travelling to countries included within the policy terms and who wish to insure themselves against the financial impact of specified unforeseen circumstances/events relating to or occurring during the trip. Full details of these circumstances/events, levels of cover and terms and conditions can be found in the policy booklet.
IMPORTANT - You may already possess alternative insurance(s) for some or all of the features and benefits provided by this product; it is your responsibility to investigate this. We will not provide you with advice about the suitability of this product for your individual needs; we will however be happy to provide you with factual information to aid you in making your own informed buying decision.
GB TOURS are an Appointed Representative of ITC Compliance Limited which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (their registration number is 313486) and which is permitted to advise on and arrange general insurance contracts.
All prices include Insurance Premium Tax.
There are no additional admin fees for arranging the insurance.
Period of Insurance:
Cancellation cover begins from the date of issue of the policy and ends at the beginning of your journey.
The cover for all other sections starts at the beginning of your journey and finishes at the end of your journey.
This insurance is underwritten by URV, Branch Office of Union Reiseversicherung AG for the United Kingdom and Republic of Ireland. Union Reiseversicherung AG are authorised in Germany by BaFin and subject to limited regulation in the United Kingdom by the Financial Conduct Authority and in the Republic of Ireland by the Insurance Regulator and are members of the Financial Services Compensation Scheme. Administered in the United Kingdom and Ireland by Travel Insurance Facilities plc. Travel Insurance Facilities plc are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
The policy wording gives you full details of what is and what is not covered and what to do if you need to claim. It is very important that you read the whole of this policy before you travel and make sure the cover is suitable for you. Please make sure that you take it on holiday with you in case of an emergency. A copy of the policy wording is available on request.
Important – Medical Conditions - Health exclusion
All claims are excluded where at the time of taking out this insurance :
- The Insured Person:
- is aware of any set of circumstances which could reasonably have been expected to give rise to a claim; or
- has suffered from a chronic or recurring illness during the previous twelve months UNLESS permission is obtained from the treating doctor of fitness to travel at the time of booking; or
- is travelling against the advice of a doctor or where they would have been if they had sought their advice before beginning the trip; or
- knows that they will need treatment or consultation at any medical facility during the trip; or
- is travelling for the purpose of obtaining and/or receiving any elective surgery, procedure or hospital treatment.
- The person whose condition gives rise to a claim:
- is receiving, or on a waiting list for treatment in a hospital or nursing home; or
- is awaiting the results of any tests or investigations; or
- has been given a terminal prognosis.
If your cover does not meet your requirements, please return the documentation within 14 days of receipt and your premium will be refunded in full unless you have travelled, made a claim or intend to make a claim.
Summary of cover
The following is only a summary of the main cover limits and you should read the policy document for the full terms and conditions.
|Section & Cover
||Limit per person (up to)
||Excess per person
(unless otherwise shown)
|1. Cancellations and Curtailment
||£50 (£15 loss of deposit / trips under £100)
|2. (a) Medical and Incidental Expenses
(not your home country)
|2. (b) Hospital Inconvenience Benefit
(not your home country)
(£25 per 24 hours)
|2. (c) UK Helpline
Repatriation and Emergency Expenses
|3. Personal Accident
|4. Personal Possessions
|5. Delayed Personal Possessions
|6. Personal Money
|7. Loss of Passport / Travel Documents
|8. Personal Liability
||Nil (£100 damage to accommodation per party)
|9. Travel Disruption
|10. Travel Delay (not your home country)
£150 (£30 per 12 hours)
|11. Legal Expenses
Under some sections of your policy, you will have to pay an excess. This means that you will be responsible for paying the first part of the claim for each person insured, for each section, for each incident. The amount you have to pay is the excess.
All premiums include Insurance Premium Tax at the current rate.
All details correct as at date of print but subject to change without notice.
- You must be a resident of the UK or the Channel Islands
- Any hazardous activity or any kind of manual work
- Your suicide, self-injury or deliberately putting yourself at risk (unless you were trying to save another person’s life)
- You travelling on a motorised vehicle for which you do not hold appropriate qualifications to ride at home
- You riding pillion, if the rider does not also hold appropriate qualifications
- You travelling on a motorcycle or moped without wearing a crash helmet, whether legally required locally or not
- Any claim arising under this policy that has arisen as a result of your failure to follow medical advice or guideline regarding any recommended inoculations or medication considered necessary for you to have for your journey
- You being under the influence of drugs (except those prescribed by a doctor but not for the treatment of drug addiction
- You not following any suggestions or recommendations made by any government or other official authority including the Foreign and Commonwealth office during the period of insurance
Please refer to the policy terms & conditions for a full list of exclusions.