A classic Tyrolean Alpine tour featuring 5-nights in the Austrian Tyrol with fun and fascinating excursions designed to show you the best of this incredibly scenic part of the World.
The Austrian Alps are one of the most scenic regions of the world. High mountain passes marked by tumbling waterfalls lead to green and pleasant valleys, picturesque villages and tranquil lakes.
Here you’ll find snow-covered mountains, traditional Austrian culture – and even cows with bells on!
Our holiday includes some of the most iconic day trips available in this romantic region.
Day 1: We travel south and take the Eurotunnel to Calais. From here, we head to our first overnight stop in Belgium.
Day 2: We cross over the border into Germany for an overnight stop.
Day 3: We reach our main destination in the Austrian Tyrol where we stay for 5 nights.
Days 4: A free day to relax and explore the small tourist resort of Kirchberg
Days 5: A day trip to the beautiful city of Saltzburg. Our route past the Berchtesgaden National Park has some enchanting scenery and along the way we stop a while in the grounds of Schloss Hellbrunn Palace – made famous by the Vonn Trapp family.
Days 6: Features the Steam Cog Railway from Jenbach to Seepitz then a 2-hour cruise on Lake Achensee including coffee and cake
Days 7: Today we enjoy a trip with gorgeous vistas on the independently-run Zillertal Railway – from Fugen we travel 32 kilmometres to Mayrhofen with some live music on the train along the way!
We then enjoy some free time to explore Mayrhofen before returning to the hotel.
Day 8: We start our journey home with an overnight stop in northern France.
Day 9: To Calais for Eurotunnel or Ferry back to England and continuing homeward bound.
- We reserve the right to use Ferry in place of Eurotunnel for cross channel crossing due to circumstances beyond our control
- Running order of days out may change due to the availability of attractions.
- It is a condition of this holiday that you have taken out appropriate travel insurance cover.
Price includes; 8 nights D/B/B basis with coach travel, channel crossings and included excursions as shown. Single room supplement £130
Please note: Pickup times are dictated by Eurotunnel availability
It is a condition of this holiday that you have taken out appropriate travel insurance cover.
Please note; some European destinations impose a modest Tourist Tax to be paid directly to the hotelier by the passenger
Fringed by mountains and dominated by a quaint Austrian church, the village of Kirchberg is as pretty as a postcard, and the hotel is just short walk from the village centre and Skiing resort.
All rooms are clean and comfortable, with balconies for sitting out in the evening and enjoying the views, as well as all the usual facilities.
- Comfortable ensuite guest rooms with shower and/or bath
- Guest rooms have satellite TV, telephone, hairdryer, safe and a balcony
- Buffet breakfast and set dinner menu
- Packed lunches provided for day trips
- Complimentary cakes and refreshments each afternoon
- Complimentary local spirits, beer, wine and lemonade from 8pm-10pm every night
- Farmers Buffet and entertainment evening
- Hotel sauna and infrared cabin