Croatia is a beautiful country and certainly well worth visiting for its scenery, culture, sights, beautiful coastline and much more. One reason the Croatian coastline is so beautiful is that it contains more than one thousand dazzling islands. If you were to look out to sea from anywhere along the Croatian coastline, it would be unusual for you not to see a green speck in the distance! And this is where we will be staying on the island of Krk, located in the centre of the Kvarner bay, its mild Mediterranean climate, good geographical position and variety of natural and cultural beauties gave it, even in ancient times, the name "golden island". Croatia has so much to discover, fascinating cities, rich culture and spectacular flora and fauna.
Your 10 day itinerary
Day 1: We travel to Folkestone and board Eurotunnel to Calais. From here we soon cross the border into Belgium and stay overnight in Belgium.
Day 2: After breakfast we make the second leg of our journey – through Germany to Austria. We will stay in Austria’s beautiful mountainous region.
Day 3: We arrive at our hotel on KrK island in Croatia where we stay for 5 nights.
Day 4: A guided tour of the Island including approx. 45-minute walking tour, a boat trip and wine tasting.
Day 5: A trip to the enchanting town and ancient fishing port of Rovinj where we enjoy approx. 45-minute walking tour and the Roman city of Pula where we visit the Amphitheatre during an approx. 45-minute walking tour. A local guide will accompany us (visits may be reversed).
Day 6: A half-day, relaxing boat trip – after a short drive to Punat, we enjoy an arrival drink then cast off for a cruise along Krk towards the island of Cres, with a stopover at a griffon vulture habitat. We leave Cres behind and cruise along the island of Plavnik, where we stop at Krušija Bay, and relax on board with views of the Adriatic and possible wildlife spotting (dolphins, seals, etc). We depart for the island of Kormat, where we have seagull feeding from the boat, then stop at Golden Bay/Fox Bay beaches to enjoy the views of the coastline from the boat before returning to Punat port.
Day 7: A free day in resort to relax and explore at your leisure.
Day 8: We depart our hotel after breakfast and stay overnight in Austria.
Day 9: Continuing to Belgium and staying overnight.
Day 10: To Calais and Eurotunnel back to Folkestone and home.
Valamar Koralj Romantic Hotel***
Perched above an idyllic island bay and engulfed by scented pine forests, this hotel is perfect for a relaxing holiday. The contemporary design and Mediterranean feel of all rooms provide a sanctuary after a day spent exploring the quaint town of Krk, savouring the beauty of surrounding beaches or unwinding at the Spa.
Follow the narrow path down to the magnificent cove beneath the hotel and discover the charming eastern side of Dražica Beach. On this pebbly and paved beach, you can relax on sun loungers and admire the view of the clear turquoise sea. Enjoy swimming above the sandy seabed.
For a change of atmosphere, you can visit the elegant hotel terrace with its sea view, heated seawater pool and open-air jacuzzi.
- Classic guest rooms have twin beds, shower cubicle, TV, Telephone, hairdryer, air-con/heating, Mini Bar.
- Balcony rooms with mountain or sea view subject to availability and supplement
- Complimentary Wi-fi in most areas.
- Lift serves all floors
- 1 evening live entertainment
- Live cookery demonstration
- Buffet and Grill evening
Single Supplement £150
Points to note;
- All passengers are required to have travel insurance* cover for this holiday full details of the cover we offer can be seen on our website or feel free to arrange cover independently
- Some European destinations impose a modest tourist tax to be paid directly to the hotel by all guests
- Overnight hotels on the outward and return journeys are often motel-style (they might be a lower star-rating than the main hotel) and may not have a lift
- Please be aware holidays that include walking & guided tours may often involve uneven ground (cobbled streets, etc.) and steps, and therefore are not suitable for persons with mobility issues.
- Terms and conditions apply – see website or main brochure for details